Drama, Crime / Feature
Writer-director: ASIMINA PROEDROU
Status: Greek Cinema Release January 19th 2023
Northern Greece. A middle-aged fisherman is trafficking immigrants to pay the tax authorities for a petty fraud he once committed. Soon he becomes trapped in a deadly game between the local mafia, his conscience and the duty to his family.
CNC Development Award & Initiative Film Services Award @ Cross Roads Co-Production Forum 2016, Development supported by MEDIA Program 2017, Production Support by Greek Film Centre 2018 and Eurimages 2020.
In Coproduction with Argonauts Productions (GR) and Sektor Film (MK) and in co-production with ZDF Das kleine Fernsehspiel in collaboration with Arte
Greece TANWEER , Germany missingFILMs
- NEW TALENT FOCUS / SCREEN DAILY by Elena Lazic – 23 Dec. 2022
- VARIETY by Christopher Vourlias – 15 Nov. 2022
- SCREEN DAILY by Amber Wilkinson – 14 Nov. 2022
- THE FILM VERDICT by Stephen Dalton – 11 Nov. 2022
- 63rd Thessaloniki IFF – Greek Premiere
- 53rd International Film Festival of India, Goa
- Greek Film Centre Award for Best Debut (director)
- Greek Film Centre Award for Best Location
- Special Mention in Meet the Neighbours competition section
- FIPRESCI Award for a Greek Film that premieres at Thessaloniki IFF
- Greek Association of Film Critics Award for Best Film
- Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation (ERT) Award for Best Film
- Best Debut Feature Film Award @ IFFA Goa
5 Replies to “BEHIND THE HAYSTACKS / Hinter den Fassaden”
Comments are closed.